Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is it Thursday yet?

I think that my pending trip to visit my family this weekend is seriously making this week draaaaaag by. I feel so unproductive and anxious and antsy and unable to concentrate! Oh and I am also a liar. Why is it that at the beginning of the week I plan out my workout schedule, but then rarely end up sticking to it? Last night I had planned on the stair mill and a quickie run with upper body weights following...didn't happen. What happened instead? A much longer run, followed by 3 miles of walking, followed by the strength training. Still an excellent workout, just not what I had planned. I think I am more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda girl instead of a planner. I am just really going to make sure that I focus on getting 4 days of running in, in order to be prepared for the half marathon, and then cross training can be whatever I feel like and fill in those gap days (except for the occasional rest day of course!).

Instead of putting the insulation installation off until a later date like I had thought he would do, Scotty got busy last night. My job? Handing him the big slab of fluff to push up the attic stairs. That stuff is seriously gross. It makes you all itchy and gets in your eyes if you don't have the proper equipment. Needless to say it wasn't the hot and sweaty run that made me shower and wash my hair, it was the insulation!

After the gym tonight I have a paper to write, boo. But I want to get all of my school work for the week done before Thursday so I have the entire weekend to spend with the fam, no stinkin' school interruptions!

I've got a delicious looking beef tenderloin and potatoes cooking in the crock pot for dinner, served along with a side salad. It's making me hungry just thinking about it! Lunch today was a veggie sub on whole wheat bread, filled with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pickles, olives, a little oil & vinegar and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Just what I needed to hopefully gain some concentration and power through the rest of this workday!

Have a fabulous Tuesday folks!
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Insulation is horrible stuff! Hate touching it, well done for helping!

    ReplyDelete