Monday, June 13, 2011

Recovering from the weekend

Sooo…the weekend plans changed quite a bit. We'll start with the good: Friday night. We watched X-Men and it was great. I highly recommend it. They did an awesome job of incorporating and giving reason to so many things that happen in the sequels. And the popcorn wasn't too shabby either :)

Saturday morning started out with an awesome spin class, a long walk in the heat and lunch at Ruby Tuesday with the Scottster. I had a bowl of broccoli cheese soup, a side of grilled green beans and a side of tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette. We then parted ways because I had a monstrosity of a grocery list to tackle and he had a fun-filled trip planned to Lowe's for insulation supplies. Considering he hates grocery shopping and I don't know the slightest thing about insulation, we headed out on our own to tackle our to-do lists. My trip to Publix was a success, albeit expensive. But I couldn't hold a candle to Scotty. I was shocked that he beat me home, and also that I couldn't see into our garage. It was completely jam packed with huge containers of insulation. I guess I didn't realize how much we would need to cover the attic…turns out about $1500 worth…boo :(  Let's hope it lowers the electric bill and is worth all that moolah!

Since the supply shopping didn't end up happening until mid-afternoon and it was like a bazillion degrees outside, we decided to scrap the project until early Sunday morning. We had every intention of waking up at the butt-crack of dawn and knocking it all out with plenty of time left in the day for some afternoon boating. This did not happen. We forgot that UFC was on Saturday night. We debated buying it and watching at home, heading out to a bar or going over to one of our friend's friends house to watch. We settled on the latter but then came to find out that these people had changed their minds and weren't having people over…how rude, you mean we actually have to pay money for it now?!?!?! haha

Plan B included driving to Hooters for it. Our friend that we went with is moving away this coming weekend, so we won't be seeing him for a good long while and due to this fact, we randomly decided that we should have an all-out-drink-fest in this honor. Not a good idea. Very, very bad idea.

Beer (and chicken wings) at Hooters, more beer and several shots at a club, and after-hours drinks back at his house= not a good Sunday morning. I haven't had a hangover like that in YEARS, and I plan on making it several more years before it happens again. Maybe my 30th birthday? lol

So, the bad news is our garage is still jam-packed with insulation and our attic is not. I got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday because the mere thought of moving made me want to hurl. And the Heat got put away by the Mavs. All in all, not a great day.

But today is Monday and I am in a terrific mood because I only work 4 days this week and then Scott and I are off to Missouri/Illinois to spend some time with our families. So excited :)  Can't wait to see what type of wedding dress my sister settles on. And I desperately hope that she finds it on our trip this coming Saturday because I REALLY want to be there! I'll probably cry a little if she finds it when I'm not there( But I'm being optimistic that Saturday will be the day!)

Since Saturday night was a total failure on the fitness and nutritional front (and it even boiled over into Sunday), I am planning on getting a great start to this week. Tonight I've got a short run planned, followed by some time on the stair mill, upper body strength training and a walk with the puppy. Come to think of it, I wish I could get outta here and get that started now! Unfortunately this little thing called "work" is standing in my way! Hope everyone has started off the week on a positive note!

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the bday wishes :)

    Snacking on popcorn while watching movies is so fun! Makes all the difference, even if the movie is only marginal.

    Have a fun time at home visiting your families this weekend. Love short work weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I always wish I could leave work to get a jump start on my fitness but it just never seems to happen :(

    ReplyDelete