Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Over Alreadyyyyy?

I can't believe how our little trip flew by! It's already Tuesday morning and I'm back to the daily grind. Anyone else find it particularly hard to get back in the swing of things after you've been on vacation? Even though this was just a little mini vacation, I'm finding it really difficult! But I'll survive. One thing that is making it a little easier is knowing that it's only a 3 and a half day work week! I promise a full recap of the trip a little later, but let me just sum it up by saying it was all about weddings, baseball and babies! I had assumed that wedding dress shopping with my sister would be an all day event...boy was I wrong! She ended up putting a deposit down on the 3rd dress she tried on. Not to brag or anything, but I picked it out! It is STUNNING if I do say so myself. Saturday afternoon's baby shower was a hit. I had a blast just enjoying good company of friends and family...and I guess the home made ice cream didn't hurt either ;) And to top it all off...my little brother is a baseball stud! His team came back from being down 2-7 in the 4th inning, to win the game 8-7! So exciting and I'm pretty sure I made a complete fool out of myself cheering. But no matter what he says, you could tell he was eating all that attention up! And finally, Sunday afternoon we attended a good friend's wedding which was absolutely beautiful. We didn't know that it would turn out to be an all day event, but arrived at 2:45 for a 3:00 ceremony and didn't end up heading home until 12:30am! Long story short: the bride is Indian so the couple opted for both a Christian ceremony as well as a traditional Hindu ceremony. I had never seen anything like it (or been to a wedding that lasted that long!) but it made for a very beautiful, interesting wedding. As expected, the reception was a blow-out party with plenty of food and booze. I ate Indian food for the first time and loved it!


Needless to say, I ate WAY too much of things that I would usually NEVER eat (sweets galore!) and only ran 1 time. I had so much fun though and don't regret one single minute of it. However, I do admit that I am glad to be back to my normal routine and can't wait to fill up on some healthier choices and hit the gym this evening! 


Off to lunch now! Ta ta!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment