Thursday, March 17, 2011

Discovery

I think I've made a discovery...I have an allergy problem. I always new I had a hint of an allergy problem because I'd get a little congested, runny nose, scratchy throat, watery eyes in the spring time back in Missouri, well...apparently palm tree pollen brings out the worst in your allergies. And where do I live...The City of Palms, go figure. I've noticed that the symptoms have progressively gotten worse since I've been in Florida, but never really put 2 and 2 together. I always just attributed the symptoms to a cold, but I'm beginning to think otherwise. So, I just went out and bought some Claritin as a recommendation from one of my co-workers, on my lunch break. I'm willing to give anything a try at this point. I can hardly talk without getting all choked up, and sleeping is a whole different story. Sleep is something that comes naturally very easy to me...but not these days! I have to consistently have liquid in my throat or else a coughing attack ensues...and then I almost throw up! Wow! I'm a hot mess.


I continually felt worse and worse yesterday, so the gym and spinning class did not happen unfortunately. I listened to my body which was saying "GIVE ME A BREAK! I WILL PUT YOU THROUGH HELL IF YOU MAKE ME ENDURE A 1 HOUR SPINNING CLASS!". So I went home instead, watched the Miami Housewives, ate a little dinner, took a nap, ate a little dessert, and then went to sleep for the night.


Today I still feel pretty crappy, but I have noticed a slight improvement. And hopefully the Claritin will kick in and offer some more relief. I am DEFINITELY 100% getting my butt to the gym today...if my body is screaming at me, I'm going to ignore it. I NEED to exercise. I need to get those endorphins flowing. That might just be the trick to kicking this thing.


No spinning class is offered today, so I'll just stick to some good ol' elliptical and stair mill. I also need to do some strength training. My schedule is so out of whack from being sick though, so I'm not sure if it'll be upper body or lower body strengthening, I'll just figure it out when I get there. 


Tonight is GTL time! I never thought I'd be the type to fall in love with Jersey Shore, but here I am at 1:00 in the afternoon anxiously awaiting the 10:00pm hour. On another positive note, tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Woot woot! This weekend is seriously gonna be the shiznit and I can't wait to get this partay started!!!!


Hope the rest of your Thursdays are fabulous!!!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment