Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ugh I feel like death

I started getting sick end of last week...took some time off of work...started feeling better over the weekend...felt almost completely normal on Monday...and now I feel like death. 

What the heck happened? I've relapsed. And I actually feel worse today than I did all last week. Unfortunately, I don't want to use up all my sick days at work when we're only in the 3rd month of the year, because knowing me I'll be sick again come September or October...so here I am, miserable and trying to do work. Although I feel like I could crawl in bed and sleep for 24 hours straight, I still plan on hitting spin class tonight. That's not to say I'll actually make it through the whole thing, but by-golly I'm going to try! I've read that it's ok to workout as long as your symptoms are above the neck, and for the most part mine are. I am starting to feel a little chest congestion, but I'm going to try to ignore it and hope it doesn't back fire. 


I did the one thing that I knew would make me feel a tad better at lunch...got a little sunshine (its a B-E-A-U-TIFUL day in southwest Florida) and made a trip to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I had a Hawaiian Breeze smoothie, which is orange-pineapple flavored. It's blended with Splenda instead of sugar, and I asked them to throw in a scoop of whey protein and a vitamin C immune booster.....it hasn't kicked in yet, but I've still got my fingers crossed!


I've actually managed to get quite a bit of school work done today, so after the gym I plan on doing a minimal amount at home in order to rest and recuperate (aka lay on the couch and watch Modern Family and last night's episode of Real Housewives of Miami).


Good news is that Hump Day is almost over, which means the weekend is in sight! I'm going to have a fun one too (even if I am sick)! Friday night I think we'll go see the new Bradley Cooper (total hottie!) movie "Limitless"

...Saturday morning I'm having a yard sale!!! Can't wait to get rid of a bunch of stuff that is just taking up space...but Sunday is what I'm REEEEEALLY excited for! Scotty's office has season tickets to all Red Sox spring training games, which are played in Ft. Myers...though I am not a Red Sox fan, I am a HUUUUUUGE St. Louis Cardinals fan

...and they're playing the Red Sox Sunday afternoon here in Ft. Myers! Guess who called dibs on the season tickets??? My man! What a sweetie! He's not a fan at all, but is going to go anyways just for me! It's gonna be a blast! 


Well...I am off to miserably finish the rest of my day here at work and try to make it through a pretty tough workout. Wish me luck!


Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you are so sick- what a bummer! Spring colds always seem to be the very worst kind.
    So jealous about the baseball tix- I'm a die hard Sox fan but I don't think that there should be too much bad blood between us. Not like you're supporting the Rays or Yankees...
    Enjot the game and feel much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impartial to the Rays...but the Yankees, yuck! And no, not too much bad blood between the Cards and Sox...I won't be doing any booing, promise! Our seats are actually right behind their duggout.

    ReplyDelete