Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh what a beautiful morning...

Yes, it is true that the weather in southwest Florida is absolutely phenomenal and work is the last place I want to be right now...but it's a beautiful morning for another reason too- The appliance repair man was at our house at 7am this morning to fix our fridge! We can now have filtered water again and ice! You really don't realize how much little things like this matter until you have to do without. I can't even begin to tell you how sick I was of drinking room temperature water (unless you wanted to freeze it for a while) or not having ice cubes for my green tea. Thankfully that is all over now and normalcy can resume.


My Monday night spin teacher must have  been reading my mind and how I was really hoping for her to make class a tad more challenging because she really kicked it into high gear last night. I made it to the gym a little early so I decided to kill time before class with 10 minutes on the stair mill. I rushed down to class just before it was about to start and after about a 1 minute warm up on really low resistance, she had us cranking that resistance knob all the way up. Starting out in a really high gear gets those muscles burning from the get-go, and it was a much welcomed feeling. She incorporated lots of standing climbs, jumps and switch-backs (my favorites!) and I loved every minute. Hope she keeps this style up!


I downed a couple cups of coffee this morning with a peanut butter protein bar for breakfast...I was awake in time and had every intention of whipping up some eggs for breakfast but it was impossible with the repair man working in the kitchen. So, instead I gladly enjoyed my breakfast on the go. 


As we speak, I am snacking on some almonds and trying to decide on lunch. I couldn't get in the fridge to pack anything for lunch ( I knew I should have done this last night), so looks like I'll have to figure something else out. I've got another protein bar (snack size) to give me a little pre-workout boost. Today I am forcing myself to get on the treadmill. I've majorly been slacking in the running department and I've got a really important race coming up--not only because it supports our local police department--but because it is mine and Scotty's 2nd annual competition. He has yet to beat me in a 5K, and although he has already been preparing hard for this one, I have no intention of letting him take my crown. Therefore, I'm starting to prep early and will be incorporating LOTS of speed work if everything goes as planned. The race isn't until May 21, so I think I'm giving myself ample time to get ready! Right about now is when the competition starts getting pretty heated and the trash talking gets to an all-time high. So, I have to be able to back it up!


Dinner tonight is looking like a salad. I had a heavier meal last night of turkey kielbasa with stir-fried veggies, topped with shredded cheese...so I'm looking forward to something lighter tonight (I think it's got something to do with this warmer weather). 


On another note- I am feeling SO much better today. Still a little congested in the head, but I guess there are worse things you could be in your head. Now I'm off to get some work done and hopefully a little studying too ;)  My final is this coming Friday so I'm trying to study as much as possible...I need this one to be a good one!


Ta ta~
Whitney

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your weather... Send some of it northeast, please!

    ReplyDelete