Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pretty nice little Saturday

No, there was no Home Depot or Bed Bath & Beyond (thank you Will Ferrell in Old School for that line)...but it was pretty productive and relaxing. After the gym, in which I totally screwed around with my plan, I took the pupper for a walk, ate lunch, showered AND washed my hair AND shaved my legs, got mah nails and toes did (let's face it, the only reason I shaved my legs is for this reason), ate dinner and am now writing this blog post before the late-night studying commences. About my plan for the gym...lets just say that I'm going to start calling my "Gym ADD" workouts "cardio circuits" because that sounds much cooler than the truth. The truth is, I was so freaking bored out of my mind and had like a gajillion thoughts going through my head that I couldn't bear to stay on the same machine for more than 15 minutes, and even that was a challenge. So, I started with 15 minutes on the arc trainer, then 15 minutes on the stair mill, and then 15 minutes on the elliptical. After my walk with the pup I lifted some weights here at home and did 10 more minutes on my stair stepper...I'm calling it a win.

Before the walk with Mercedes, we both enjoyed a little of her favorite hobby. By no means was it warm outside today, but she doesn't care. She'd leap in that pool if there were ice bergs in it.
I actually managed to catch an action shot. She's the only one to swim in our pool thus far, that water is freeeeezing, and we're to cheap to heat it. Please ignore the ridiculously tall grass that I think Scotty is boycotting.

I had the most amazing mani pedi today. Scotty should maybe be worried about me leaving him for this guy, even though I'm pretty sure he doesn't swing my way. My nails and toesies look A-mazing. I love them. Usually I have at least one complaint after every mani pedi, but not this time. I can't think of a single thing that he could've done differently. I will definitely be going back to this salon! It was some much needed relaxation and stress relief.
I decided not to scare you away with a new picture of my feet. Even though they are very soft and smooth right now, they'd still frighten you due to my freakishly long 2nd toe.
 Having pretty fingernails and toenails makes me feel instantly more girly...instead of the cave woman that I've felt like here lately.

I spent an insane amount of money on produce today at the grocery store...and managed to blow through almost all of it in tonight's dinner.
I roasted these veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, zucchini and carrots) topped with olive oil cooking spray, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a bit of parmesan cheese in the oven for about 35 minutes. I took them out and then added some mushrooms and onion and baked for a little bit longer. I then dumped them into a gigantic bowl and added a cup of brown rice...yummy!
 Surprisingly I was still kinda hungry afterward though so I ate half of an apple with some PB for dessert.

I'm going to hurry up and try to get some studying done now because one of the greatest movies ever...WEDDING CRASHERS...comes on TV in an hour, and I have all intentions of passing out on the couch watching it. Hope everyone has a great night!

Whitney

4 comments:

  1. Yum - roasted veggies. Sounds fabulous - I need to hit the grocery store and replenish my produce. The nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome Saturday!! :0) I love having my nails/toes done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those veggies look amazing!! Sadly enough, I'm 22 and I've never had a mani/pedi. Oh well, there's time!
    BTW You have a new follower! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I will recommend mani pedi's to anyone! So relaxing! I think I might even prefer them to a massage. Awesome-I have a new follower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete