Monday, March 21, 2011

Where did the weekend go?

I guess it's true that time flies when you're having fun! Seems like the weekend was a whirlwind...but a very fun one!

It started out slow, with me going to the doctor on Friday afternoon to find out that I have an upper respiratory infection AND an ear infection...nice. So, $80 later I'm starting to feel better. Not as good as I'd hoped for being on antibiotics for 3 days now, but getting there. I took Friday off from the gym and after Scotty got home from his workout we had dinner and watched "The Fighter"...I give it a B+. I think because I am such a huge Rocky fan (all of them) that it's going to be hard for a boxing movie to ever compete. But it was good. As a matter of fact, I'd say it was more about the lives of the 2 brothers outside of the boxing rather than the boxing itself. Mark Wahlberg is one of my favorite actors (and so dreamy too), but I have to give Christian Bale his props. He did one heck of a job portraying a crack head.

Saturday morning I woke up early and had a quick bite to eat and a cup of coffee and headed off to spin class while Scotty was still asleep. The usual instructor couldn't make it, so we had this guy, we'll call him Roy, the body builder teaching us. He let us know right off the bat that he is not an experienced spinner, but I had a feeling that the class would be very intense regardless...you could tell this just from looking at the guy. Half of the stuff he was yelling at us to do he couldn't do himself, literally because his legs are that big...sprints were out of the question for him. But he played killer music and was very motivating and I found the class to be fairly challenging and upbeat, which is where some of the other instructors at my gym are lacking.

After I got home and blew an air horn in Scotty's ear to wake him up we decided that it was too beautiful of a day to skip out on boating. So, we loaded everything up and headed out. There were soooo many boats on the water that I couldn't believe it. And they were all headed exactly where we were headed- Ft. Myers Beach. The beach was packed with mainly partying Spring Breakers...I held my inner 21-year old in and limited myself to 1 beer and passed on the jello shots and pina coladas. We were beat when we got home from such a long day in the sun and pretty much just chilled on the couch for the rest of the evening.

Sunday I debated on hitting the gym for a while but finally decided against it. I didn't want to wear myself out too much and then feel like crap for the BASEBALL GAME. Our seats were AMAZING!
We were so close, an unprotected!, that a foul ball actually zoomed right by us and nailed someone right behind us in the chest/neck area. They were ok but pretty shaken up for a bit. The Cards ended up winning which made me very happy. One of the Red Sox players tossed Scotty a ball from the duggout, so that was pretty cool too. I had no idea what was happening because I was taking as many pictures as I could.

After the game I was feeling pretty crappy again. I think that the combination of the antibiotics and all the sun was really wearing on me. So we went home and I took a quickie nap, ate some dinner and then went back to bed.

I'm definitely still not 100%, but getting close I'd say. Tonight is another spin class, some stair climbing and then home to see my 2 favorite...well favorite person and favorite dog. I'm pretty stoked about watching the premiere of Dancing with the Stars...GO HINES!
But I still have to make some time for studying too...could be a late night! Well, I am off to finish the work day- Happy Monday to all!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment