Friday, March 18, 2011

I thought an apple a day kept the doctor away...


So I may not eat an apple every day, but I definitely enjoy a few per week. And I'm finding this little phrase to be untrue. I'm still not feeling any better at all...the Claritin, though I've only taken it twice, isn't doing to trick. Nyquil and Dayquil aren't doing the trick...fluids & rest, also not doing the trick. You know what that means? I think it's time to take a little trip to the doc. It's been over a week now and I'm still not over this.


I did manage to make it through 40 minutes of cardio yesterday at the gym. Not my usual ritual, but better than nothing. I did think that I might die half way through it though, or at least throw up. I probably should have quit right then, but I'm kind of stubborn and my brain doesn't work like that. So I kept at it and stopped not a second after that timer struck 40:00. 


I'm not sure if I am dealing with allergies or if it really is more than that, but hopefully the doc can enlighten me. I need to start feeling better, like yesterday, because I have a big weekend coming up. I think we've decided to scratch the movie for tonight though in order to allow me more time for total rest and relaxation at home. I'm thinking of grabbing "The Fighter" from the local RedBox instead. 
Love me some Mark Wahlberg
Tomorrow we have some friends, actually a friend and then his friends, traveling through town on a Spring Break road trip...and what do they want to do? Go boating of course. I think people use us for our boat, but thats okay. We don't mind, any excuse to take that beast out is a good one in my book! And you better believe I won't miss it, not even for being sick. But still, hopefully I can get some meds to kick in really hard core over night and can be feeling A-OK tomorrow morning. I also really want to go to spinning class in the morning pre-boating.  Did I mention that I'm contemplating buying my own spin bike to keep at home? I think it would save me mucho time...that's more time that I could put into studying :(..... Then I definitely have to be back to myself to enjoy Spring Training baseball on Sunday.


The other upside of going to the doctor, second to hopefully starting to feel better...leaving work a little early on a Friday! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! :( It's no fun to be sick in the spring.

    ReplyDelete